National best-practice award-winning 12-week class for family members of those living with serious, persistent mental illness. Space is limited. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for the course, which is taught by experienced, trained family members. Classes cover everything from diagnosis and medications to legal and health system concerns, and how to support your loved one for the best possible outcomes, as well as wellness and stress management for caregivers. Participants need to commit to attending all 12 weeks of class.
– illnesses; incl. schizophrenia, major depression,
bipolar disorder, panic/anxiety disorder,
obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline
personality disorder, PTSD
– coping skills such as handling crisis and relapse
– basic info about medications and working with
– listening and communication techniques
– problem-solving techniques
– recover and rehabilitation
– caregivers’ self-care around worry and stress
Brief video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae1ru1SBaaI
Family-to-Family classes are offered several times a year. Again, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. For more information, or to register, call 716-226-6264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot attend this class and would like notice of future classes, contact our office to be placed on the list for advance notification.